COVID-19 Please read
I continue to offer home circumcisions only.
Please look at my availability to request a time for me to come to your home to carry out the circumcision for your son. (I do not offer any clinic based circumcisions I’m afraid)
I offer circumcisions for boys under 6 weeks of age as long as they are less than 5kg (11lb) in weight, but I do not advise delaying unless there is a good reason.
Ideally this should be done in the first 4 weeks
The following considerations will apply for the time being for all circumcisions (religious or not):
- Lockdown easing steps February – June 2021
- From May 17th there can be members of one other household present or up to 6 people present
- I request that facemasks are worn by all adults whilst I am in your home.
- All those present need to have been in good health for the preceding 10 days (particularly no fever, cough, breathlessness or change/loss of sense of smell/taste)
- All discussions and consent process will take place before the day of the circumcision by phone
- I will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment)
- I am very happy for you to arrange a video link for the circumcision for any family member/friend who wishes to join
I will update this page regularly with any changes
A note for religious circumcisions/brit milah:
Whilst it is traditional for there to be a family gathering for a brit milah, this is not essential, and the pandemic has resulted in many of us having to make difficult decisions about specific rituals and lifecycle events. I hope you will understand that I prioritise the health of the babies and families and the wider community at this time and as soon as I am able, I will reintroduce more relaxed guidance to allow families to celebrate according to their wishes.
Updated 16th May 2021